Hands down family favorite meal. And if you run out of tortillas? Eat it on a sandwich! Just as delicious.
1 Patience Farm, Pork Shoulder
1 medium onion, sliced
2 C Patience Farm Pork Bone Broth
1 bottle of beer (or extra bone broth if you prefer)
Salt rub (per pound of meat)
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp thyme
1/8 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp allspice
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1. The night before, rub the pork shoulder with the salt rub. Let sit in the fridge over night
2. The next day, wash off the salt rub off the pork shoulder and pat dry with paper towels.
3. Heat a thin layer of lard in a pan and brown the shoulder on all sides. remove the shoulder from the pan and add the sliced onions. Cook for 5-10 minutes until the onions are soft.
4. Pour the onions, broth, and beer into the slow cooker and place the shoulder on top.
5. Slow cook until for tender (4-8 hours depending on the size of the shoulder)
6. Remove pork shoulder from the slow cooker and pull it apart. Add back to the juices to keep warm until ready to serve.
Serve on your favorite tortillas or over rice!